"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Maternity Jean Skirt Upcycle

Just because I have not been blogging much lately definitely doesn't mean I have not been sewing like crazy!

My biggest project that I have been working on sewing wise has been drapes I am making for some one. It has literally been consuming most of my sewing time. But I am officially finished!

A quick sneak peek....


I'll be sharing the rest of the pictures soon!

I have also been planning my little sister's wedding shower, which I am super excited to do! I will definitely be sharing pictures here of that as well!

I am in the process of making a new diaper bag for the boys. All of the pieces are cut out, it just needs to be assembled now. I have already made a matching wet bag (to hold dirty cloth diapers) and a smaller pouch to hold miscellaneous items.

In the spare time that I find between all of these projects, taking care of the house, and a 19 month old I have been doing a bit of sewing for myself.

My favorite project thus far....

my Maternity Jean Skirt made out of an old pair of jeans and a t-shirt!

Skirts are my favorite thing to wear besides pajama pants....especially when pregnant. I think they are ten times more comfortable to wear than pants! I am so excited about the warmer weather that has been peeking in here and there which is finally giving me a chance to wear my skirts.

I saw this tutorial on Homemade by Jill before I was even pregnant and couldn't wait to make my self one!

Now that I am sporting a pretty good size baby bump and can't wear my pre-pregnancy clothes any more I decided now was the best time to go ahead and go for it!




I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new skirt!
It is so comfortable, I seriously want to wear it all the time!

You could completely use this tutorial to make a regular jean skirt from a pair of jeans...just don't cut the waist or add a belly panel! I will definitely be doing this as well after baby boy is born and I can fit back into my old jeans!




29 weeks down...only 11 to go :-)









Linking to Frugal Days Sustainable Ways

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...