"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bridesmaids Clutches

A lot, a lot, A LOT has been going on at our house lately! With things only going to get busier rather than slower!

We found out about two weeks ago that we are going to be moving out of our apartment. We are very excited to move, but the whole packing and unpacking business...not so excited about! Especially since we will be moving 2 weeks before this baby is born!

So between packing, baby dr appointments which are now every two weeks (and will go to every week here shortly), taking care of a little one, keeping the house organized and livable while packing, and helping hubby with our normal ministry stuff, I have managed to find some time to sew...

believe it or not :-)

My sister asked me a little while back to help her with her bridesmaids gifts. She wanted to do something special and unique with a little handmade touch.

After I showed her this tutorial over at Noodlehead, she asked if I could help her make them. Being the wonderful sister I am... ;-)
I agreed.



We had so much fun picking out all of the different fabrics at the store together. All of the colors basically match the color scheme of her wedding= yellow & orange, with touches of purple and red (super colorful!!!) I love how they turned out!



I have been dying for an excuse to try the tutorial and this project definitely gave me tons of practice! All in all it took me two nights to put these little beauties together. Not too bad! I really thought it would take much longer! But the tutorial is very simple and easy to follow, plus she has step by step pictures that really help.



The inside even has two credit card pouches and a divider to keep all of your little odds and ends organized.



This one is mine! I love the yellow fabric! And the orange zipper that matches the accent fabric is so fun.



And this one is for the bride :-) I just couldn't leave her out of it!



This one is another one of my favorites...I love the yellow and blueish/purpleish (probably not words...hahaha) fabric combination!


It was actually hard deciding for myself which one I wanted...they are all so pretty! I am definitely going to have to make more for myself...they are pretty addicting!

...and if you are one of Erica's other bridesmaids and you see this post...just pretend you didn't, and that you have no clue what she is giving for presents :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...