"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fabric Flower Head Band




My little sister Andrea is definitely a very fashionable girl!

No matter what the occasion she always looks adorable and trendy. She can always pull off the cutest outfits, hats, shoes, and scarves that I wish I could!

So I knew I needed to make her something fun and very "Andrea".

A little while back I found this adorable black dress at the thrift store. It had these beautiful black flowers on the top and such a cute skirt with big pockets. Problem- it was just a bit too short and just a tad too tight...

...but it was only $2 so I decided to buy it any way! I figured I could do something with it! (more coming later as to what I did with the rest of the dress).

Since Andrea is always wearing cute hats and things in her hair I knew a "head band" of sorts was just the way to go.

All I did to make this head band was...

cut two of the flowers off of the black dress I purchased...

Then cut three 1" strip of black t-shirt- all the same length (measure them around your head to make sure you cut them long enough)...

Braid the three strips and sew the two ends together...

Finally sew the two flowers directly on to the braided band....

ALL DONE!

Super easy and super quick!

Now if you don't just have some super cute fabric flowers on hand, check out Ruffles and Stuff's post here...she makes this adorable bouquet tank and gives you a step by step tutorial on how to make the flowers, plus gives you links to sites that show you how to make the other flowers. Any of them would look beautiful on a head band!

Have fun making your own fabulous head bands!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...