"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Thursday, May 13, 2010

My First Mother's Day


Mother's day last year was spent with my little baby still growing in my tummy. He still had a good 2 more months to cook!

Now I have taken care of other people's babies, and even my lil sis when she was first born. But I had no idea what it was like to actually take care of my own baby. What it was like to hold a precious little one that was MINE.
To be a mother.

It is crazy how things can completely change in one year!

how some one so tiny and helpless can completely change you!

and being a mother has changed everything.

My son is my entire world. I love him so much! My hearts deepest desire is that I would be the kind of mother that would help Jack to grow into a godly man. That by my example and teaching that he would come to know Christ's love and forgiveness. That he would be convicted daily by the Holy Spirit. And that when he grows up that he becomes a man of true integrity, one that loves God, his future wife, and children.

Being a mother is truly a high calling. Having a baby is "easy", but being a mother requires so much more love, self sacrifice, and dedication! I am so thankful that God has given me the chance to be a mother! I only pray that I can be the mother I know He desires me to be.

Here are a few of my favorite memories of being a mommy from the past year...














I am so blessed be this little boy's mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...