"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Saturday, May 15, 2010

From Satin To Lace

I so enjoyed having my sisters here with me this past week! It was so wonderful to get to spend time with them, talk with them, and create with them.

While digging through some old clothes my sister Erica spotted this vest which she immediately fell in love with...



The only problem with it...the back of it was black satin that was terribly torn apart.

she immediately handed it to me and said "fix please"

So I dug through my fabric stash and pulled out a couple different options to replace the back of the vest.

Erica looked them over and finally settled on some white lace...

I began by cutting the back off of the vest off to use as a pattern...

Next I took a pen and traced around the satin onto the lace(leaving about 1/2" for the seam)...

then I cut out the lace...

hemmed the sides so it wouldn't fray...

reattached it to the front...

and...

TADA! Good as new :-)

I think the lace actually ended up being a very nice choice. It adds something a little different and unexpected to the vest!

And of course Erica looks fabulous in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...