"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ruffled Crib Skirt




I posted a little while ago about my long to-do list for baby girl before she arrives in January. I decided to get started this week with her bed skirt. Thankfully this project did not take as much time as I first thought it would.

So here you have it... a girly, ruffly, vintage inspired crib skirt!



I have been searching Pinterest for different ideas and inspiration. Here are a few things that inspired me to make this crib skirt...

I loved the ruffles on this ombre crib skirt! You can actually find a full tutorial on how to make your own on EmmmyLizzzy!


Here is another layered crib skirt from On To Baby. I love how they use so many different prints that aren't really "matchy" but they "go" great together!


I also looooove the look of this layered crib skirt! Head over to Makely Home to find her tutorial on how to make one out of curtians and save money on buying lots of fabric!




To make Charlotte's crib skirt, I started with an already made, thrifted, crib skit. The skirt was the yellow gingham fabric edged with the lace that you see on the bottom layer. The crib skirt was really wide so I simply adjusted the dimensions and added the top layers to part of the base of the crib skirt. I already had the lace on hand, sitting in my fabric stash begging to be used, and I found the other two prints of fabric at Hancock's for 50% off. Score! In total this crib skirt cost me less than $10! I am so beyond in love with it! I can't wait to finish the rest of her bedding and see it all come together!

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet will have to remember if I ever get a granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the layers you used! Incredibly sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...