"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Thursday, April 26, 2012

DIY "I SPY" Book

I SPY books are Jack's absolute favorite! He loooooves to look at them over, and over, and over, and over again. I have seen people making their own I SPY books lately, and decided to give it it a try.

I grabbed a bunch of different toys, a white sheet of paper, and my camera phone. Jack was super excited and helped me through the whole process. It was a ton of fun coming up with new ideas!

We set up our pages two different ways. Either we threw the objects randomly onto the white paper, or we set them up to create little "scenes".

Here are the pages we came up with..

Felt Shapes


Can you find a...Carrot, Tomato, Blue Fish, Three Yellow Stars, and the letters X, E, and D?


Baby Toys


Can you find a...Blue Polka Dot Elephant, puppy dog, horse, two butterflies, a bumble bee, the letter M, and a yellow bee on a ring


Batman's Cave



Can you find...Batman, Superman, The Hulk, Mr. Freeze, Dr. Doom, or The Joker


City of Blocks


Can you find...A Mouse, a Duck, a Lion, the letter Z, R, and o


Cars


Can you find...a Yellow Truck, Red Van, Yellow Taxi Cab, Blue Race Car, Blue Dune Buggy, and a Red 


Superheros


Where is Spiderman and the Hulk?


Toy Story


Can you find...3 Aliens, Mr. Prickle Pants, Jessie, and Woody


 Wooden Toys


Can you find...a Saw, a Pair of Pliers, Two Yellow Blocks, a Police Car, and a Red and Blue Bead


Wrestlemania


Can you find...The Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, and Johnny Morrison?

(Yes...I know all their names...it is very sad! My husband is to blame.)


Barnyard Animals


Can you find...the Donkey, the little hen, the red rooster, the piglet, the owl, the dog, and the horse?


I even made a cover for it...



The possibilities are really endless. I still want to do...
kitchen theme
nature theme
craft supplies theme
movie case theme
color themed pages
bug theme
underwater theme
dinosaur theme

...the list could go on and on! 

My plan is to print them off to a 5x8 size, laminate them, single hole punch them at the top, and add a clip. This will be the perfect size to throw in my purse and take with us to the doctor, or anywhere! For more of a "board book" feel, you could modge podge the pictures onto cardboard, then punch holes in them and clip them together. 

So grab your little one, a camera, a sheet of white paper or a scenery prop, and take some pictures! You and your kiddo will have so much fun doing it, and end up with a one of kind book! 



22 comments:

  1. I love this! We've made I spy scenes before (a heart one for Valentine's Day), but I've never gone as far as making a picture of what to find or making an entire book. Way to go, Mama! I'm pinning this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krissy! It was so easy and fun to make! Pin away :-)

      Delete
  2. I love this! I will definitely be using your idea to create my own book for my son when he gets a little older (10 months old right now).

    Came over from the Imagination Tree link-up. Thanks for sharing!

    youngnesters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack was just a little over a year when we started doing the I SPY books with him. I couldn't believe how fast he caught on. The advantage to making your own is that you can make them super simple for younger kids and make them more complex later when they get older. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. What a cool idea. I am so going to do this to take on a trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! We do the same thing...it keeps little minds busy :-)

      Delete
  4. That is awesome, because HOMEMADE i-spy-book (or whatever is homemade) is so much more meaningful to children than impersonal things !
    That's what we do everyday with them at school,
    A french kids teacher (pinning it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this and it is definitely something I could do with my Son. The possibilities are endless, and homemade is always so much more fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :-) I agree the possibilities are endless...I am planning on doing a much more simple version for my 1 yr old here soon.

      Delete
  6. This is awesome! What a great idea :) My 7 year old would have a blast doing this. I think we may have to do this one. Very creative! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! It is so much fun to have them help you with it...I let Jack pick out the majority of the things and help me set it up. :-)

      Delete
  7. Ha Ha! I'm applauding! This is super! I love those book too! How much more personalized this is with their own toys and household items! I wanna make several scenes for my students and place them in our centers. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so fun! I hope your students enjoy it!

      Delete
  8. What a terrific idea! I'm going to do this asap! Thanks so much for sharing, stopping by from TGIF and I'm your newest follower. Please feel free to stop by my blog at happylittlemunchkins.blogspot.com if you like? Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  9. my kids love i spy books, i do too!!!

    I've been meaning to make our own for over a year now!! and after seeing yours, i think i might have to start on my this week.

    Yours looks fab!!!!

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha! I hope you all have fun making your own!

      Delete
  10. What a FUN idea! I think I am going to do this too =-)
    I shared this with my Facebook readers here -
    https://www.facebook.com/LivingLifeIntentionally - Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I look forward to seeing what you link up this week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing it Beth :-) and thanks for hosting your link up! Love it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...