"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Friday, April 6, 2012

No Poo 30 Day Challenge Update





 I planned on doing my "No Poo" updates on Mondays, however, this Monday we will be in Kansas. I am super excited about it, since we will be meeting with our whole church planting team for the first time! We have a "skype" meeting with every one on Thursday nights, but there is just something different about being in person. So I will be mia till Wednesday.

If you don't know what the "No Poo" 30 day challenge is, check out my first post, on the why and how to go sans shampoo and join us!

This week was still a transition week for me. My hair was oily. Oily, but not greasy or gross. My hair was as oily the first day of washing with baking soda as it would be my second day after using shampoo. No big deal. I simply wore my hair in a pony tail or messy bun. It did get better throughout the week.

Week 2 

Day 8 Monday- Washed Hair. Top of hair looks fine. A little oily later on in the day.

Day 9 Tuesday- No wash. Oily hair. Put hair in bun.

Day 10 Wednesday- No wash. Trying to let my hair go a little longer between washing. Hair is actually no more oily than it was yesterday. Hhhmmm. 

Day 11 Thursday- Washed Hair. Increased the amount of Apple Cider Vinegar and used it as a leave in treatment on the ends of my hair after my shower. Hair feels very soft. Top of hair looks really good. Not oily. Was able to fix it curly and wear it down.

(I will add on Friday-Sundays to next week's update.)

I did some experimenting this week. I Increased the ACV on Thursday since my ends were a little dry. One reader said that she doesn't rinse out the ACV, but uses it as a leave-in conditioner. I tried this and it works great. No left over smell either! I also increased the number of days I went without washing. Not sure if you are supposed to wash every other day with this method or not. Many of the other bloggers I read go about three days between washing. Their hair doesn't get oily or dirty as fast.

So how did your week go? Please comment below with an update...I would love to hear! It isn't too late to join either. If you would like to join in with the challenge just leave a comment below, then once a week give us an update!

3 comments:

  1. I have been doing this for about 1 week now. At first it was amazing. I have long, wavy, slightly oily hair and for the first two days everything was awesome! I was super excited, but the past three days my hair has been really oily and stringy looking. I have heard that hard water has something to do with it, but I'm pretty sure are water is fine(we live in the country, and have super yummy well water). I'm not going to give up, but after the past two days it's hard to see the bright side. I know that I'm still in the transition period. It feels like it will never end up being gorgeous and healthy. Do you have any suggestions for what I could do to cut down on the grease? Also to add one final note to my long shpeel, thank you for speaking so honestly about things, and for being a homeschool Momma! I am homeschooled and thoroughly enjoy it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely still going through the transition period, so I would say what you are experiencing is normal. Your hair is trying to find the perfect amount of oil to make to help your hair be healthy. Right now it is overproducing because it is used to being stripped with shampoo. Best advice I can give is to hang in there! Not too helpful I know, but it will get better! It will just take some time and persistence. Good luck! I hope your transition period is short and your hair becomes very healthy!

      Delete
  2. Do you have any suggestions for tangles? I am on day 8 and I've washed twice but both times I get horrendous tangles in my hair. I have naturally curly/ frizzy hair. Thank you for the updates too! Soaking it all up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...